Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Advanced LA - Poetry - I am poems

I Am...Poems

I Am...(Version 1)
Line
1. I am

2. Three nouns about which you have strong feelings. Begin each with a capital letter

3. A complete sentence about two things that you like.

4. Three nouns that describe what you like to see in other people; end with “are important to me.” Capitalize each noun.

5. A sentence containing a positive thought or feeling. It can tell what you find acceptable in yourself.

6. & 7. Sentence in which you show something negative in yourself or others, however the sentence must end by showing that out of something BAD can come GOOD. Use the word “but” to link the bad and good.

7. See above #6

8. 9. and 10. Each line is a short sentence relating something about which you have strong feelings – likes or dislikes. They don not have to relate to each other or to the previous lines you have written.

9. See 8

10. see 8

11. End with “This is me” or “I am.”

I Am...(Version 2)

1st Stanza
I am (two special characteristics you have)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (the first line of the poem is repeated)

2nd Stanza

I pretend (something you really pretend to do)
I feel ( a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (something you imagine you touch)
I worry (a worry that is real to you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (the first line of the poem is repeated)

3rd Stanza

I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (a dream you actually have)
I try (something you make an effort to do)
I hop (something you really hope for)
I am (the first line of the poem is repeated)

No comments: