Friday, April 29, 2011

Prepositions

Next week we will focus on prepositions. This important part of speech can be difficult for students to grasp so please encourage students to come in for help if they need it. Prepositions are a large part of speech and good writing habits. It is important for students to grasp and understand the parts of speech before going to high school. I just had a former LV student contact me and he had this to say about the teaching of grammar,

"I need to thank you for your awesome teaching of grammar and English. They don't do that here at South, but after some studying I was able to achieve a pretty insane score on the ACT English section. I believe that it was only possible because of your great teaching, which gave me an excellent foundation of the English language."

I have to say his compliments are kind, but I was most excited to hear the understanding of why we teach grammar and the positive use and function it provides as life long learners!

No comments: