Friday, September 21, 2007

Week of September 17th


This has been quite a week!


Monday - Open House Night



13 hour days are pretty much my limit, but I appreciate all of the parents who made it to Open House Night! It was great seeing familiar faces from some of my former student's parents from sixth grade as well as those that I haven't had the opportunity to meet until now. The night flew by and you were all given a great deal of information in the 10 minute periods you had with each teacher. As always, any questions, comments, concerns that I can address please feel free to send my way either by e-mail or calling me. The school year has been terrific thus far and I really am enjoying my new 8th grade position.






Thursday - Washington DC Meeting



We are only two weeks away from the 8th grade Washington DC trip! Miss Casey and I are looking forward to a successful trip with our 90 Lakeview students. The kids are going to have such a great time and learn so much in 3 days. It's amazing how much they get to see, the information they gather as well as the fun that they have. I always look forward to students sharing their pictures the weeks after the trip.






Remember



- students must be at Lakeview at 5:15 am to load onto the buses on Saturday, October 6th.



- the phone chain will begin once we land on Monday evening so you know when to pick up your son or daughter



- school dress code applies!



- school rules and behavior applies!



- check the TSA website to review restrictions for what you can and cannot bring on the plane






Any questions? Feel free to contact myself of Miss Casey






Friday



Students turned in their first book report for the year. I'm looking forward to them all and have already displayed some projects in the hallway.


Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather!


Go Cubbies!









No comments: